What We Offer
Texas Autism Academy is an innovative school with a unique approach to educating children on the autism spectrum. Utilizing assessments, teacher data, and parent input, TAA will develop an individualized education plan that adheres to your child’s academic strengths and challenges. Our curriculum is researched based.
Under the supervision of our Board Certified Behavior Analyst, each child will receive an individualized behavior plan utilizing the principles/methodologies of Applied Behavior Analysis, ABA.
The ABA methodologies are integrated into the school day, allowing for each student to be academically and behaviorally successful in a small classroom setting. At Texas Autism Academy we also believe in the importance of social and emotional skills, offering a curriculum-based program that includes, hands-on and “real world” situations for our students.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
We currently offer the following extracurricular activities:
1. Art Classes -by “The Young Artist Art Studio”
2. Music and dance with Mr. Ralph Hicks and “Let Then Drum”
3. Music Therapy with Sam Houston State University under the supervision of Dr. Carolyn Moore
4. “Arthur”- Alliance of Therapy Dogs
Morning Program M-F, 8:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Afternoon Program, M-F, 12:00 p.m-3:30 p.m.
Our part-time program is ability-based and is designed for early learners. This ability-based program offers the following:
1. Focus on Pre-K/Kindergarten Reading Readiness and Math Skills, and social-emotional skills
2. Early Learners working in a small group environment
3. 7:2 Student/Teacher Ratio
4. Preparing students to transition to full-day programs
5. Individualized Education Plan
6. Board Certified Behavior Analyst, BCBA, involved with individualized behavior plans and works closely with the teacher to integrate the principles of ABA
*Eligibility is based on a Play-Based Assessment by our BCBC. For further questions please contact the Director, Cary Mollinedo at 281-771-5348.
At a Glance
Full-day program for children ages 4-14
Part-Time programs available.
TAA has a BCBA that develops behavior plans/goals
All faculty and staff are trained in Applied Behavior Analysis
About Texas Autism Academy
At ASD Hope, Inc. and Texas Autism Academy, we believe that every child with Autism deserves the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to creating an innovative environment that is engaging and responsive to each child at each stage of their development. We are dedicated to unlocking the potential of each child, nurturing their talents and overcoming their challenges.
ASD Hope, Inc. dba Texas Autism Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
ASD Hope, Inc.
DBA - Texas Autism Academy
501c3 Tax-Exempt Organization
1009 Pruitt Rd.
The Woodlands, TX 77380